Sunday, March 7, 2010
9 weeks + in Ecuador
As I enter my 10th week of life in Ecuador, I must say, I do feel somewhat changed. I already knew we were fortunate to live in the USA. But now I also know, WITH ALL 5 OF MY SENSES, exactly how profoundly blessed and spoiled I am. Ecuador is not as devastatingly poor as some other countries like Honduras, Guatemala, and Haiti, but many systems here are still developing. I'm thankful for the unique experiences so far and I wonder if/how they will affect the way think or act when I'm back at home. Hmmm... Later this month we'll be taking a trip to the jungle. From March 20-26 we'll be on safari as our language school changes location for a week in "Amazonas". Quito, where I am now, is located in the western mountains. To get to the jungle we'll be travelling to the rainforest more in the center of Ecuador. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i really like this blog post. i feel the same way and wonder the same thing...how exactly will i be affected? i hope you'll continue your blog for awhile after you get home.
ReplyDeleteI've shared your blog with my school. Several teachers have commented about enjoying it! Miss you--get home soon. BFF
ReplyDelete