Sunday, March 21, 2010

Enjoying my Final Days in Quito

Today was a lovely day, with partly cloudy skies and a five minute rainshower that ushered in cool, sweet air.  I spent most of the day walking around the city, enjoying the dramatic quiet of Sunday afternoon.  I'm actually still in the city of Quito because I decided not to go to the orient (jungle) with the others in my class.  I turned down the trip due to the fact that I'm still a little sick and I feel safer near Quito.  Instead, this week I'll be taking one-on-one classes at the Academia, which I am very excited about.  In respect to Rotary, I finished my last Ecuadorian club presentation last week.  It has been nerve-wracking but fun to share about my personal goals, family, and career with Rotary members IN SPANISH!  I've had the pleasure of meeting with the following Rotary Clubs:  Los Chillos Milenio, Quito Norte, and Quito Eqinoccio. Next week I will be giving my final presentation at La Academia.  Based on my surveys, I'll be sharing a complilation of what mothers living in and around Quito have to say.  I have genuinely enjoyed talking with local moms, who have provided me with inspiring cultural snapshots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment